The camp has been sensitively designed to minimize its footprint on the island environment. The planners and architects have envisioned a facility more than a youth camp. Through ingenious design and planning the accommodation cabins are suitable for families, seniors and special needs groups when not booked by schools and other youth groups. By taking advantage of the natural, subtropical island setting, the Bribie Island Retreat and Recreation Centre will benefit generations of young people from throughout Australia as they mature and develop into the community builders and leaders of the future.
Tell me more…..
- Car parking and a coach set down area to Church, Amenities Block, Cabins and Auditorium, which is fully accessible for people with a disability.
- An elevated, covered walkway connecting all cabins and the Auditorium.
- 7 modern cabins, each with toilet & shower; 1 Cabin is designed to be fully compliant for people with a disability. 1 Cabin has been assigned as a Group Leader’s cabin & includes kitchenette and dining area.
- Church dedicated to Panagia Theotokos.
- Separate Amenities block – toilets including for persons with a disability, storage room, food preparation area and Barbeque cooking facilities.
- A spacious dining and conference Hall / Auditorium which can accommodate up to 250 people with a fully equipped kitchen, dry store, cold room, storage room, office and toilets – including for persons with a disability.
- AV Facility in Auditorium includes Ceiling Projector and Large Screen, remote access keyboard and mouse to the screen, excellent for general display or running a Conference. An 8m x 3m stage can also be set up in this Facility.
- Tent camp sites.
- Commercial Laundry facilities available (coin operated).
How much will it cost?
We have made a conscious effort to ensure you can enjoy all of these facilities & activities for as fair a price as possible. There are two key price points, Catered + Self Catered accommodation, which includes access to all of the common areas (such as Auditorium):
Catered – $27.50 pp / night (includes GST) + Catering fees as per schedule listed under ‘Catering’
Self Catered – $29.70 pp / night (includes GST)
Camping site fees or ‘Glamping’ (including tent & bedding hire etc) can also be arranged for your group. Please contact us to discuss these prices as it will depend on the number of nights you wish to stay, and if you wish to hire or bring your own equipment.
Do you require transport for your group? Our partners at TravelSafe Coach Hire are experts at providing reliable bus and coach hire services across Australia. TravelSafe drivers are local residents, fully trained and know all the best routes to get you to the Bribie Island Retreat and Recreation Centre. They will ensure that you arrive here on time and most importantly safely. All drivers and vehicles have the necessary checks, insurances and accreditation so whatever the nature of your trip TravelSafe have you covered.
Require group transport Click here for a quick and easy quote!